Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The idea

I am at the Making Gains Conference andam sitting in the Wikis and Blogs sesson by the author and blogger Will Richardson. I have decided that I will create a blog og my considerations around the development of an integrative approach to how the evolving world effects us and leaves us looking at a meaningful way to flatten the curricular, social and collaborative environment with the characteristics of wired kids. I am planning to spew my thoughts on this blog that stem from these 2 days and all of the information and professional reading and conference going I have done over the last several years.
The disruptive effects of technology need to be recognized. If we do not understand and develop systems that reflect these changes we will be teaching students and making them capable of working and prospering in a world which no longer exists.
Change happens, that is for sure, and not just in our modern, 21st century era. It seems that the stress of the new affects most people in every age. So the trick is not to resist it, but to go with it. The real problem for the creative person is getting over the resistance of those who don’t want to change.
" In a time of change, it is learners who inherit the future, the learned find themselves equipped to live only in a world that no longer exists."
Eric Hofer

No comments: